Saturday, October 24, 2009

I live in NH and I am looking for a good code reference for building my deck. Thanks joe_oconnell@hotmail.com

Looking for Beam sizing, joist sizing, post sizing, post location and stuff similar to that. Thanks for reading this email me at joe_oconnell@hotmail.com or anfitch151@hotmail.com.
I live in NH and I am looking for a good code reference for building my deck. Thanks joe_oconnell@hotmail.com
The International building code is usually acceptable by all municipalities. Footings are to be dug 16"x16"x 10" deep. There are to be 8" of concrete in the bottom of the hole and the post is to be set on the footing and 2" around the post. The support posts are to be 6x6's and The outside frame is to be one size larger than the joist size. a 2x8 will span 12'8" and a 2x10 will span 16'8". Posts should be spaced no more than 10' apart and handrail posts a maximum of 8' apart.(If the support posts are going all the way through rather than the deck built with a girder for support, I space the posts no more than 8' apart) Spindles have to be spaced so that a 4" sphere cannot pass through between them. Stairs may not have more than a 7 3/4" rise and the tread cut is to be a minimum of 10". I hope this helps
Reply:You can go to your states website and with patience you will find your states building codes. I can do this in Ohio.


Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive