Monday, October 12, 2009

Setup / Configure Hotmail Live account with Nokia N82 Symbian Phone?

Does anyone know exactly how I can set my Nokia N82 to receive e-mail directly onto my handset. For instance, someone send an e-mail to my hotmail address, it then downloaded to my phone (automatically) so I can read on my handset.





(Same procedures as Blackberry phones)





Also is it possible to view Chinese Characters on my phone by installing some sort of language software?





Many thanks
Setup / Configure Hotmail Live account with Nokia N82 Symbian Phone?
Presuming that you have the kind of Hotmail account that allows you pop3/imap access then go to the messaging application, select Options, Settings, Mailboxes and define a new mailbox by specifying the needed server and account info, just as you would to to configure Outlook Express on PCs.





If you don't have access to POP3/IMAP then use Nokia's mail solution, it will fetch Hotmail from server for you. Visit http://email.nokia.com





About the Chinese language: no, you cannot install a language pack, you would have to flash a new firmware with chinese support. May not be possible though (the phones sold in China have different hardware and thus the firmware differ too) but the only way to find out and to flash the device if firmware is available is through an authorized service centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive