Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why is my IP address blocked by Excite mail and Windows Live Hotmail?

I have gotten the following message each time I email one of my friends that have a Windows Live Hotmail email address or Excite email address.





"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.





%26lt;'my friend's email here'%26gt;:


Remote host said: 550 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy


reasons. A block has been placed against your IP address because we


have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address. We


recommend enrolling in our Junk E-Mail Reporting Program (JMRP





--- Below this line is a copy of the message."





The email is coming from the following address: "MAILER-DAEMON@n5.bullet.ukl.yahoo.com".





Please help!
Why is my IP address blocked by Excite mail and Windows Live Hotmail?
It's been blocked because somebody reported your IP address as spam ("A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address.").





Contact the helpdesk and try and work it out with them, because there's nothing else you can do yourself to unblock your addresses, other than starting a new account and deleting the blocked ones.
Reply:I've just had 2 emails returned with the same problem, I don't send spam, so I can't work out why it has been blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive